The only thing really to say is that my heart is so burdened for one of my close friends, Nathaniel. On Monday morning, he got a call from his mom in SA to tell him that his dad had a heart attack and passed away. How hard it must be to be so far away from your family at a time like this. My heart hurts for him coz I don't know how I would have coped if I was far from the UK when my mom died. I spoke to him tonight and he sounds like he is coping well, but even he said he doesn't know how things will turn out when he gets back to SA on Sunday and his dad is not at the airport to hug him. I'm crying at the thought of it myself. I would break down if my dad wasn't there to see me after a year. Oh God!! Be with Nathaniel...
I got this new album by a Canadian band "Starfield". I heard the last track on the album, which is called "Hiding Place" and the lyrics are just absolutely AMAZING!! They speak to me in a way that I can't explain. I've shared them with Nathaniel coz I think it's important during times like these to remember that we have a Daddy that we can always run to in bad times or should I say is always there with us for us to turn to. Here are the lyrics:
Hiding Place
written by Tim Neufield & Jon Neufield
In the shadows
I can hear Your voice singing to me
In the valley
I can hear Your heart reaching for me now
And I weep
Flooded with the strength
Of Your Peace
You're my Defender
The shield of my heart
You are my Hiding Place
When terror surrounds me
You keep me from harm
You are my Hiding Place
In the darkness
I can feel Your light wrap around me
In my suffering
I can feel Your joy rising in me now
And I weep
Flooded with the strength
Of Your Peace
Here before You
Jesus in this place
Here before you now
Face to face
Under the shelter of the Most High
Will I be safe
And will I abide
If you want to listen to the song go to YouTube and search for "Starfield Hiding Place"
All my love,
Dwaine
No comments:
Post a Comment